This recipe looks amazing! I do love pizza, and today at work I ate some sort of three bean pizza, so I think this is right up my alley.
This gourmet pizza will be an instant favorite. White cannellini beans become a spicy sauce, covered with a fragrant topping of rosemary, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh spinach. Serve to your best friends!
- 19 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 16 ounce prepared pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup sliced oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded Provolone cheese
- Additional olive oil for drizzling
Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place beans, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and red pepper flakes in a food processor; process until smooth. If mixture is not spreadable enough, add a little more olive oil. Spread bean mixture evenly over pizza crust. Scatter turkey over bean mixture. Sprinkle on in order, the rosemary, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted, and edges are golden. Drizzle a little olive oil over pizza and serve.
This is great for leftover turkey, chicken, or duck.